Saturday, October 22, 2011

No more training wheels

My little girls decided they wanted to be big girls! A couple of Sundays ago, the girls and I were outside while they were riding the gator. A group of older girls stopped and were riding scooters. They hung out with us for a while and after they left, Carly looked at me and said, "Mom, I'm ready to ride my bike without training wheels!" I told her ok and we went to the garage and removed them. I took her out to the side yard and she jumped on and took off. She was so proud of herself!! I knew it was time to take them off, I just wanted to do it on flat ground. But when I realized the ditch was pretty flat for riding, it worked out great! So it took her all of a few minutes to figure it out. Then Matt came home from Harper's soccer game and she got to show off her skills. I then had Matt take them to the nearby elementary school to let Chloe try it out. She was just as fast learning as Carly. Once I rounded up all the napping babies, I headed to the school and watched them do some laps in the parking lot. Now they love their bikes and that they are big girls! I love how they get their mind fixed on something and they will do it no matter what. It is just a matter of getting them convinced that they can do it!! Great job girls!

No comments: