Saturday, July 21, 2012

Our Boy Turns 5

I can't believe he is already 5!!  Well, he does seem older to me - I guess he has been grouped with the girls so he can pretty much do what they do.  But still......my baby is 5!  He is such a sweet boy and very helpful!  He takes very good care of all us ladies at home.  God sure did know that I needed a mini Matt in my life!  Seeing that Matt is at work all the time, my boy can hold down the fort!  Just the other day he was trying to teach me how to dimantle the vaccuum so that it would run better!  He is all ready to officially start Kindergarten this year, even though he decided this past year it was time for him to learn how to read.  He flew through his kindergarten stuff, so we will have to figure out how to challenge him!  We celebrated his birthday 3 times this year.  Once with my parents, once with Matt's parent's and once with a couple little friends.  We did an outdoor party and it was 100 degrees that day, so I didn't want to roast the grandparents :) 

 He wanted to help me make his cake ~ he did a great job helping me out!
 His cake design - he had to have his cars on the cake with a road....this is the best I could do :)
 His party was an Olympic themed party.  We did alot of water games/relays and the kids had a blast!  They were nice and wet and did alot of running!
 The party kids - Nick, Avery, and Caroline are our neighbors that came.
 Channing was trying really hard to win the watermelon eating contest!
 Fifi was working on the Icee eating contest.
 Action shot from one of the games.   
 Harper approved of his gifts!
And the award ceremony (we forgot to do it before Nick left).....they each were the best at something and they were so proud!

No comments: