Thursday, September 6, 2012

Visiting Kris and Family

After our fun filled day at Disney, we loaded the kids up in the car and then drove the 2 hours to my brother's house.  The kids were out cold, so we had a nice quiet ride (despite the fact that we were so sticky from sweating all day and my feet were black from the monsoon at Disney!)  We got all the kids out of the car, bathed them, then went to bed and had 4 fabulous days with Kris, Gina, Connor and Kaitlyn.  It was great to spend time with them that wasn't revolving around the holidays!  We got to just enjoy each other and it was nice to be selfish and have them all to ourselves!  I also got treated like a queen!  It was a true vacation for me.....Kris cooked our meals three times a day!  I didn't have to do anything - I was in charge of drink cups.........that's it!  It was fabulous!  I also came home with my suitcase full of clean, folded laundry - yes, I love my brother and sister in law!!  I loved all the snuggles with Connor and Kaitlyn too - they are so sweet.  The first day we were there, we just relaxed and the kids played and played. 
 
 On Saturday we went to a spray ground and park.  The kids enjoyed the fountains!
 Kris caught 2 stingrays......
 All the sea creature searchers!
 We found a couple of horse shoe crabs, a conch, and some regular crabs.  It was cool to just scoop up the sea life. 
 Our crew! 
 These cousins love each other so much!
 Me and my sweet boy!  I love him!
 Uncle Kris and his Fifi
 That night we went to this place called playmobile.  They had all their toys set up and the kids just went around and played.  They had alot of fun.
 What does a car say Channing?  She loved running around and trying to tackle the playmobile statues!
 Harper had a blast with Connor (he loves playing with another dude!)
 LOVE
 Cuties
 Nothing but TROUBLE!!!
The next day, we went to the beach....oh yes, the water is like Caribbean water!  It was absolutely beautiful.  I don't like ocean water, but I love clear water!  We spent the entire day soaking up the Florida rays. 

 Carly so proud of herself that she went into the water!  It took us a little convincing to get them in, but they enjoyed it once they did. 
 She didn't love the ocean, but she loved the sand.  She needed to be held in the water ~ she sure is cute though.
 These two are really enjoying the beach life.  Look at their set up.....relaxation at it's best!  I think Kris enjoyed this part of his day the most - snuggling with a sleeping baby (she never does this for me, so I was jealous!)
 Gina got Finley at nap time.....again I was jealous!
How do you keep a Cha Cha still at the beach?  Stick her in a Walmart bucket of course!  She loved this bucket and sat in it for a while.  She loves the beach!
 
All in all, it was a fabulous trip.  Definitely a very much needed trip for some family time.  

No comments: