Friday, April 17, 2009

What are you waiting for?

I read this insert in my Bible a couple of weeks ago, and I went back today to reread it. Here is the passage:
"I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the Lord. Blessed is the man who makes the Lord his trust, who does not look to the proud to those who turn aside to false gods. Many, O Lord my God, are the wonders you have done. The things you planned for us no one can recount to you; were I to speak and tell of them, they would be too many to declare."
Waiting. Something we all do all the time, but something we sometimes aren't too good at!! We are at this waiting stage for our house. The point of waiting? God is busy at work! He uses our wait time to move us where he wants us to be. He has a plan and your waiting period is His way of readjusting the lives of others so that his ultimate desires will be fulfilled. Is waiting hard? Yes, especially when you are impatient. So sit back and let God take you for the ride!!!

No comments: