Sunday, January 3, 2010

Happy New Year!

I cannot believe it is already 2010!!! The start of a new decade! At the end of this decade, we will have teenagers! There is going to be alot happening within the next decade, and I am sure we will have to hold on tight for this crazy ride. But, lets just focus on this next year. Hmmm - there is going to be a lot happening. The worst thing that keeps plaguing my mind, is the start of school for my girls! I have been dreading this year since 2005 - yes, when they were born. And now, come August, I will have to say good bye to my first babies! Sniff, sniff - alright enough of that (there will be lots of blogging about this!) This year, we will be experiencing all of our little Finley's firsts. Her first crawl, sitting by herself, first steps, first words, first foods, and first birthday. It is so exciting to celebrate all of these things with a baby! Let's see... my friend Sarah will have a baby and my sister will have her wedding. Maybe there will be a move for us (that is if this crazy market takes an upswing)! Resolutions?? I don't really love making resolutions, because they are so hard to keep. Goals? One thing that I really started working on last year is grocery shopping. I have been trying really hard to cut our grocery bill in half. So, my goal is to continue this weekly and get better at that. The main goal I have is to be Jesus! Now to completely understand this goal, you would have to listen to Pastor Kenn's sermons because he has been preaching this for a while now. But I am to be Jesus to everyone and everyone should see Jesus through me. I am to be holy and blameless. Holiness means "to be set apart to the service of God." It means to be different in character but also implies action. "There is a way in which holiness means us to be different, and then to act differently." - I need to be Jesus in both character and action. Daily I will have these goals. Daily I need to remember that I am to be Jesus to everyone around me. Even though some days I do not even leave this house - I am to be Jesus to my children and teach them how to be Jesus to others. This is a big goal, but I am up for the challenge! I hope everyone has a terrific New Year - I know this will be a great year!

No comments: