Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Our House

And here we are again hitting on an ever lingering subject: our house. People have been asking what is going on, so I figured I would write an update. Well as of the moment, the house is not on the market anymore. Our realtor changed companies, so we took it off and was going to put it back on with him, but we aren't sure that is the best bet for us. Quite honestly, we are very settled in here with all our babies, and I am very happy with this house, so I am in no rush. I do enjoy not having to go up stairs and that everything happens where I am! One big factor to a move now is school. I don't want to move the girls out of their class once they are in Kindergarten, so I am thinking of only keeping it on the market until school starts and then taking it off again. Have we found where we want to move? No! We stopped looking, because we have had no one looking here, so we don't want to get our hopes up. There are a few houses I found on MLS that we liked, but have not checked them out yet. I do know that we are looking for more LAND!! We live on .4 of an acre now (I think) which is a good bit of land, but I want more space between houses. I am kind of over the neighborhood thing. We had great neighbors, but things have changed in the past year and I am so fed up with situations around here. We have renters next door and they are the most inconsiderate people on the planet!! I mean, we have 4 kids 4 and under (one of which is an infant) and I have had more sleepless nights because of the immature boys next door. Who in the world tows a car at 1:30 am??!! That was last night's endeavor. I was brutally woken by big chains slamming onto a trailer coupled with the loudest male voices I have ever heard!!! Police are getting to know the end of our street very well! And the revolving door that they have makes me uneasy about who is next door! There is a different car in the driveway EVERY morning! So I don't feel as secure as I once did in my own house. And Miss Cindy, if you still read my blog, we love you to pieces and hate that these boys turned out this way (Miss Cindy owns the house and she is wonderful)! Anyways, they are not the only annoyance, but I am grateful in a way that the boys moved in, now I do know with out a doubt that land is not something that we will compromise on!! So that is the house situation. Sure wish I had more of a "plan," but we are just waiting for God to show us his plan (that is why I have stepped back - I know his is so much better than mine)!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I wish you luck. It's tough when you're a couple but when you have kids you hope for a peaceful neighborhood and quiet, or at least considerate neighbors.
Have an awesome day.