Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Kid Updates

Don't you just love how my posts have been coming in swarms! I don't have the time to sit and type all the things that goes on each day, so I try to remember them all for the times that I do sit down, so sorry you get like 5 posts in one session.

Harper's latest: Ok, Harper is 3. Now sometimes I forget this since he can hang with the girls quite nicely. BUT..... there are days when he is THREE!!! He doesn't get in much big trouble, or get into too much - I mean the kid asks me everyday if he can dump his car basket over onto the floor so he can play with them all, and he asks me EVERYTIME he wants to climb up Carly's bunkbed stairs so I can watch him. I mean, you can't get that many awesome 3 yr. olds. Well, he has a stunt. It started a couple days ago when I noticed the toilet paper getting depleated in the bathrooms. I told him not to use the toilet paper, but not sure how much he was using or what was going on. Well, on Sunday, he got caught. Matt found the entire roll (toilet paper taken off the roll) in the potty. He got spanked, and then made to scoop it out of the potty. He was not too pleased about that one at all - he doesn't like getting too dirty. I thought that would do it. Not so much. Today after nap, he was calling for me to come wipe him. I walk into the bathroom (and I knew there was a half a roll in there) and there was none left. Little buger took it all off the roll and then did a shewie on top!! Oh boy was I flared up!! He got spanked and sent to bed (I left the mess for Matt :) Then I had to give him a good punishment. He had gotten a slip and slide for his birthday and I told him he could go on it after nap. Carly and Chloe had been playing on it all afternoon and were waiting for him. So I let him go outside and watch them play and then he had to go back to bed - no slip and slide. I hated being such an ogre, but he needed a big punishment. It was not fun so see him watching them, but I had to be tough. Hopefully that puts an end to his obnoxiousness!!

Daddy's Girl: Finley has become quite the Daddy's girl. He comes home from work and she flips out. She jumped out of my arms today and quickly crawled to him to get some love. It is so fun to see her so excited to see him. The 3 big kids never had Matt home every night. He always worked those random hours. We are so thankful for his job that we can see him every night. The kids love seeing him and as soon as they hear that garage door open, they run out there and tackle him - usually they are covered in food because we are eating dinner :-) But I love seeing Finley so attached to Matt - it is so sweet.

No comments: