Sunday, October 31, 2010

Death

I told the kids that they needed to pray for their friend Lenah. Lenah is Harper's friend in Sunday School and I said that she will probably will be sad because she won't get to see her Grandma anymore. I decided I would touch on the death subject here with 2 five year olds and a 3 year old. I told them that Lenah's grandma died. Chloe says, "On the cross?" "Aw, no. Only Jesus died on the cross." Attention was lost and I dropped the subject. The next morning we talked about it again. I told them that Ms. Lynn was burried and her heart goes to be with Jesus. Little wheels were turning now. "Burried like when we got burried in the corn at the cow train?" "Kind of, but they dig a hole and put you in a box and then put dirt over you." I said. "I want to get burried," says Chloe. "I know," says Carly, "That He was burried, that He was raised on the 3rd day, according to the scriptures - 1 Corinthians 15:4." Wow! Great job Carly connecting your Bible verses! I then explained that it was talking about Jesus dying on the cross and people get burried differently. Woah - what a tough thing to tell them about! That is about all I said, but I just wanted to touch on the subject since they do hear about Jesus' death all the time and how little Lenah's heart may be sad.

No comments: