Sunday, December 9, 2012

Halloween

 Halloween....my most disliked "holiday" or event.  I would like it more if there wasn't so many skulls, tombstones and scary things!  Since I dislike pouring money into this pointless event, we had to get creative with costumes.  So we have:  Channing as the gnome, Finley as the owl, Carly as the dryer, Chloe as the washer and Harper as the dirty laundry.  We went to a neighborhood little party thing and then the kids decided that they wanted to go trick or treating for the first time.  Since they don't eat candy, they decided they wanted to go collecting candy for their shoe boxes for Operation Christmas Child...genius...why didn't I think of that before.  So they did one street in the neighborhood before they got cold and were done - yes, this holiday is overrated in their eyes too! 
 Channing wouldn't leave without her Bible.  I guess she wanted to preach it while she was hitting the streets!  She was a super cute gnome!
 For some reason my pictures are not loading right and this one ended up in the middle and there are several that wouldn't download.  Oh well, I just need to post something to catch this blog up!  We also carved pumpkins...our Aldi $1.99 pumpkins!!!  They love doing this...check out Channing in the background.  She is so cute!  She had fun fishing through the pumpkin guts and eating raw pumpkin!
 The washer and dryer - we had fun making these!!
 They were a walking testimony!  I loved seeing everyone reading their backs as we walked away!  Harper had one too on his back, but that is one of those pics that didn't download. 
 
And the owl!  My hand had blisters cutting out all those feathers.....but it was worth it seeing how cute she is!

No comments: