Monday, December 10, 2012

The Thanksgiving Bird

 Ok.....so the bird was delivered to me in a trash bag this year.  No instructions, just a bag with a bird.  So I had to cook the thing alone.  I followed my Mom's verbal instructions to a T.....
 I washed the bird.
 The kids helped me butter and salt the bird.  Finley named him Mister.  This were going so well.  UNTIL.....it was time to eat!!
 Oh yes, I cooked the obnoxious thing upside down!!!  Matt started to carve the turkey and he kept saying "Where is the meat?!!"  Once we realized what I had done, we all couldn't stop laughing.  And there is that button thing my Dad kept talking about - which I swore ours didn't have!  It ended up being a good turkey, but we had to put it in the oven longer so we didn't eat until 7:00 pm!!  The kids kept asking if this was the latest we have ever eaten.  We also had the pan to blame.  Mom gave me some super thick pan to cook it in and we think that made it take longer too.  All in all, it was a delicious meal and my first turkey was still eatable!!
Grandma and Cha Cha! 
 
Our Thanksgiving crew was very small this year! 

No comments: