Friday, December 19, 2008

Christmas Family

This month our Sunday School class has been collecting stuff for a family in need in our community. It is a mom and 2 kids. There is a 5 yr. old girl and a 4 yr. old boy. Tuesday was our delivery day of the gifts. WOW!!! That was awesome!! Each kid received 4 outfits, pjs, 2 pairs of shoes, a jacket, socks, and several toys each as well as several family toys. We got the mom some sweaters and a bike for the boy and a scooter for the girl. We brought them Boston Market for dinner and we gave the mom a gift card to use on family needs. I have never been apart of the delivery of gifts before, and it really touched my heart. Deanna and I (and my kids)pulled up at the house and they were just waiting at the door for us all smiles and SO excited!! The girls were so excited to bring them gifts. We unloaded the car (which my trunk was slapped full) and put them all under the tree (which was completely empty). The kids (Josie and Chavis) were so excited too and were big helpers. The family was so appreciative and invited us to sit and chat with them. It was really nice to meet them and it felt great to help them out. We found out Josie's birthday is the same day as the girls' so Carly and Chloe said they wanted to bring her a birthday present in May. I think Carly and Chloe thought that we were bringing the kids the shoe boxes we made a while ago. When we did the shoe boxes there was a picture of a boy and girl on the flyer and I told them we were buying them gifts. So when we got there and saw a boy and a girl, they thought it was them. We dropped the shoe boxes off at church on the pile of shoe boxes, so I think they thought we brought them the pile. They kept telling me that night that we made the boy and girl so happy!! This has been the best parts of this Christmas seeing how much joy this brought my kids!!! They were so giving and really enjoyed making those kids happy! MERRY CHRISTMAS!

No comments: