Friday, December 19, 2008

Santa - hmmm

When explaining to the girls what Christmas is all about, I am kind of at a stand still for the whole Santa thing. They know what Santa looks like and that he says Ho, Ho, Ho, but that is really it. I decided to make sure that they really know the true meaning of Christmas without Santa! I told them Christmas is a huge birthday party for Jesus. Just like they had a circus party this year, Jesus has a Christmas party every year and everyone celebrates it. Presents, well I told them that Jesus gave us the greatest gift and he shares all his presents with everyone (that is why they get presents). They love seeing baby Jesus everywhere. We made cookies yesterday and they had a candy cane cookie cutter. They told me it was a J for Jesus! So, I don't know what I will do with this whole Santa thing, because it is fun to play it up, but I really just don't want to take away any glory from Jesus! Parenting, whew, hard work!!

No comments: