Saturday, December 13, 2008

Toddler Jesus??

Today I was watching Harper play around the living room, and he was trying to test what he could touch. He would touch everything and look at me to see if I would let him pick the object up. Of course, he is a good boy and didn't do a thing, he just wanted to point, touch, and say the name. It got me thinking. I always think of Jesus as a baby around Christmas. Every other day in the year I think of Him as a man. I have never thought of Him as a toddler!! A toddler that touches, tests, has to learn about the world (like don't touch something hot), etc. What kind of toddler do you think He was? Did he get in trouble and have to sit on the naughty mat for not making good choices? Was He just a genuine good kid that always behaved? Did He throw temper tantrums? Wouldn't you like to know how the King was when He was young? Just a thought that came through my mind as my little toddler was entertaining me. And I couldn't help but think how hard it must have been for many to see that little 18 month old walking around knowing He was the Messiah!!!

1 comment:

los Greenes said...

Nice thought. It is so great to see people thinking of Christ as the King and actually spending time thinking upon what all that means. Thanks.
-Josh Greene