Monday, July 18, 2011

10 YEARS!!!

10 years ago, on July 7th, we got married!! I cannot believe it has been 10 years! I must say that I am quite please with my choice of partners! So to celebrate the joyous occasion, we went Jet skiing!! I found a groupon for this several months ago, so I wanted to surprise Matt with an adventure. He always comments how he has never ridden a jet ski. He was quite funny driving it. And I can't believe how SLOW he was! We cruised about 15-20 mph all around the shore looking at all the nice houses on Lake Norman. A couple of times he got up to around 40, but he liked cruising, which I did too so we could just talked and looked around. But he would go fast and then completely let off the gas! So then we would go flying forward. I finally gave in and said I would drive. (I didn't want to because he made it look hard). Boy oh boy, did I take him for a ride!! I liked going fast!!! Therefore, he had to pry me from the driver seat. I am usually the cautious one, but on a jet ski, Matt takes that title. It was lots of fun, and spending time with just him and not having to take care of anyone else was nice (well I did have to take care of Matt, but I know that I will always have to take care of him :)
It was a very relaxing day. And we also got to go out to eat and a fast trip to IKEA. I love spending time with my best friend. He sure has made the last 10 years (well 13 years we have been dating) VERY INTERESTING!!!! And I guess we have a lot to show for 10 years of being happily married....... 5 kids :) So here is to the next 10 years of getting closer and closer to my sweet hubby! I love you Matt!

1 comment:

Matt said...

I can say it has been a wonderful 10 years of surprises!!!! I need to clear up the jet ski comment. I loved going fast I pegged it at 42 and it hit 45 once. Becca was my lovely back seat driver warning me of all no wake zones. If I had my sun glasses I would have been able to see where I was going at 42 with the wind and mist going into my eyes. It was a fun day and I really enjoyed the conversations and time we spent together. I love you babe!!!!