Wednesday, July 27, 2011

My little Pinocchio

I took Channing for her 4 month check up and the Dr. said that her fat creases were not symmetrical. She wanted her to have an ultra sound to see if she had hip displasia. So last week, I took my sweet smiling baby for an ultra sound and then they wanted to x-ray her. And lo and behold, she has mild hip displasia! So off to the Orthopedic Dr. we went today. I was a little surprised at her apparatus. She looks like she has on lederhosen. Matt said she looks like a puppet. So she is our little pinocchio! The point of this thing is to keep her hips turned out so they will grow the right way. Luckily for us, the mall was right across the street, so we went and found some cute onesies so it doesn't rub on her skin and irritate her. She has to only wear it for 6 weeks, but we have to keep going back to the Dr. to get the straps adjusted. She doesn't seem to mind it at all. I even put her down for her nap and she didn't care. Now, she probably won't be able to roll and she just showed me last night for the first time that she could roll from her back to her belly (I guess now I don't have to run out and get that baby gate yet!) My sweet Channing is such a trooper! I love her so much! She just now has "strings to hold me down" :)

1 comment:

The Seven Acre Wood said...

Sweet Channing! She will be back in business before you know it! It was great to see you guys today!