Saturday, September 17, 2011

Amazing Grace Academy

Amazing Grace Academy had its grand opening on September 7th! (Yes, you have to name your homeschool for the state). The girls were so ready to start 1st grade, and I was so ready to have some more structure to our days!
And we started off the year with our schultutes again. I think this is such a fun German tradition and I love seeing how excited the girls get when they get them! Now I do think that mine are larger than the ones in Germany usually get, but I just think they need big ones!!
And they decided a dunce hat would be another fun way to utilize them!
So happy to start!
Ok - I must say, I have the absolutely cutest class EVER!! Yes, Harper and Finley come to school too. I have projects for them to work on while I am busy with the girls. They do their work and then I send them to the playroom after awhile.
Where we do calendar time and group lessons.
This one got out of order, but there is also a full bathroom between the school room and the playroom. This is SOOO handy for when we do projects and paint things. This 3rd floor is fully equipped for our school days. The playroom is right there next to me, so I can keep an eye on the little ones and there is a door to the school room so we can close it when they get too loud!
Matt put up some shelves in the closet for me so all my school supplies are nice and organized! Me and my P-touch (label maker) had a lot of fun time in here together!
And this is the playroom that is right down the little hall from the school room. This is NOT what this room usually looks like!! Imagine lots of toys on the floor and that is a better depiction of what it looks like normally.
Play kitchen area. They love to play babies over here!
And what does a house with 4 girls need?! A STAGE!!! Oh yes, we have a stage! Carly and Chloe live on this thing. They love singing and dancing. We love watching all their shows. Live entertainment always in this house!
And here is the cast!

1 comment:

an.Alaskan.mom said...

You are so brave with the stage and shelves! My children would turn it into a circus fully equip with high wire acts, bike tricks, and anything else that would make me holler in fear. As it is, my youngest has a lofted bed and uses it to practice flips. Last night he staggered down the stairs and told me the bean bag wasn't as comfortable to land on as he thought it would be.

But seriously, what a fantastic space!