Friday, September 12, 2008

A book of Lasts

Last night while Matt and I were doing our rounds before bed (we go and kiss all of our babies every night and tell them how much we love them), I remembered a book that my Mom and Dad had given me when I had Harper. It is called, "Let me Hold you Longer." It is a children's book, but it has such a great story. It talks about how you document all your kids firsts, but never their lasts. Oh, I cried as I read it to Matt (yes I made him hear a children's story before bed). My babies are growing so fast and pretty soon they will be doing all sorts of new things, but one day they won't come in crying because their belly hurts. I thought about the other night when Carly couldn't fall asleep because her belly hurt. She was up and down and finally at 9:30 I told her to come lay in the recliner with me. She was so sweet. I gave her some medicine and just held my baby girl. One day she won't need me any more to hold her to make her feel better. That now seems so far away, but I know it will come sooner than I think. I am so thankful that I can stay home with my kids and spend such quality time. I can't believe I have been doing this for 3 years!!! Well, on that note, Chloe is sitting next to me wrapped up in a blanket in the recliner, so I am going to snuggle with her and hold her extra tight!!!!

No comments: