Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The bumble bee will help!

Yesterday I took the kids to the park. We were meeting our friends Sarah and Preston there for a picnic and play time. Before we left home, I let the girls pick out a special plate for the picnic. Of course there was only one bumble bee and they both wanted that plate. Chloe said it first so I let her get it. Carly was not too happy with it, but I told her she got a choice between a plain white one or an animal. She settled on a hippo. We went to the park. They were walking on these wooden planks like a balance beam and Carly slipped off and scrapped up her shin. And you know the girls, very loud when it comes to pain (got that from their Dad). At that point Sarah and I decided it was time to feed them anyways, so I carried Carly to the table. Chloe was very concerned and kept saying the bumble bee will make Carly happy. Oh yes, Chloe sacraficed her plate all to make her sister happy. I thought that was the sweetest thing in the world!!! How do they learn to be so compasionate towards one another?? Maybe because we do kiss every boo boo and make sure they are all fixed up when they are hurt - makes them a little too dramatic for me, but if it makes them compasionate for life, I'll take it!!! I love how they take such good care of one another - and Harper too. They can't stand for him to cry when he is hurt and always want him mended asap. Anyway - just wanted to share a heart warming moment for me.

No comments: