Friday, September 12, 2008

Wheelbarrow

Matt and I were reading in our Night Light devotional the other night and I really enjoyed Monday's topic. It was discussing faith and trust. The story went something like this: There was a circus performer that wanted to tight rope across Niagra Falls pushing a wheelbarrow. He was an amazing circus performer and his reputation had preceded him. He asks you if you think he can accomplish this. You have FAITH that he can and you respond, "yes." Now the performer looks at you and says, "if you really believe that I can do this, then get in the wheelbarrow." Now here is where the TRUST comes in. Matt and I discussed how this is so true with your faith in God. We always have faith, but do we always give Him our 100% trust that he can handle every thing we give Him. In every thing that we do, do we jump in and let God take complete control - do we REALLY TRUST HIM?? Matt and I are challenging ourselves to make sure we "get in the wheelbarrow" no matter what - even if we think we can handle every thing. I never really thought about the difference in those 2 words, but it makes perfect sense to me now. Having faith in God is definately different than trusting God!!

No comments: