Friday, October 3, 2008

Fireproof - Movie Review

Last night Matt and I were able to go out with our Sunday School class on a date night. We went to Texas Roadhouse for dinner and then went to see the movie Fireproof - thanks TJ and Deanna for investing in our marriage! It was a great movie!! At the beginning we had to kind of get used to the acting, a little shaky at first, but then it got really good. It is about a young couple who have drifted so far away from each other that they want a divorce. Then God intervenes and you have to watch to see what happens. I definitely recommend the movie. Of course I cried my eyes out - I am just so thankful that God has a hold of our marriage. According to the movie you can't love someone without knowing what love is - and who is the only one that can teach us that???!!! Anyways, I can't say too much more without spoiling the whole thing for anyone who wants to see it. Matt and I really enjoyed our night out and of course came home to some funny stories about our children. Mom gave me the whole run down of what went down, so this morning when we were snuggling I wanted to see if they had the same story as Grandma. They did. They told me they didn't eat all their chicken, and they ate apple pie and a donut. They said Grandpa did too but Grandma didn't because she was changing Harper's pamper. They told me about crying because of all their boo boos and Grandpa had to give them medicine. Carly had to go to our room for too much crying. And that they were being silly at the table - they were saying "stinky" because I wasn't there and I don't like that word. So we had to have a little talk about making good choices even when Mommy isn't there. Chloe was the one who gave that info up - Carly said she made good choices all night - of course!! They are too cute and I am thankful they tell me the truth - hopefully they will keep that up!!

No comments: