Sunday, October 26, 2008

October 24th

Friday we lost our baby. It seems so weird to be excited for our new member and then all the sudden, it's gone. That baby was already a part of our family and I didn't quite know how to tell the girls. They know that we gave the baby to God to take care of. Matt was praying Friday night and he prayed for me, Carly said "Not the baby in Mommy's belly. God is taking care of it." So, they get it. I am so thankful that we have our 3 wonderful kids, they are great at taking my mind off things. Even though I was only 8 weeks, it still hurts and I still cry, but I don't ask why - I know that God had a plan for that baby and one day I will figure it out, but I can't do that unless I seek His guidance through all of this.
I remembered I read about this a while ago in my bible. The devotional insert in my bible had a great point that has made me think alot. The passage is 2 Samuel 12:1 -25. When you grieve, ask yourself, "Is this a comma or a period? Am I to continue in prayer that God might alter these circumstances? Or am I to accept this tragedy as final and continue on, painfully, one step at a time?" I definately accept it and am very thankful God took the baby now rather than any day later. I know I will heal, I will never forget or 100% get over this, but it will get better and I really have so much to be thankful for. God is so great to us!!
I received an email 2 days before this happened and the lady had these two verses in it. I really liked them and I have read them everyday. They help.
Philippians 4:6 - "Don't worry about anything. Instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need and thank Him for what He has done. If you do this, you will experience God's peace, which is far greater than the human mind can understand."
James 1:2-4 -"My brothers and sisters, consider it nothing but joy when you fall into all sorts of trials, because you know that the testing of your faith produces endurance and let endurance have its perfect effect, so that you will be perfect and complete, not deficient in anything."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Becca~
I am so sorry to hear about your loss. There isn't any explanations as to why. I went thru the same thing in January if you ever need to talk. Take care of yourself and talk to you soon.