Sunday, October 25, 2009

My Sweet Chloe

Today's post is going to highlight my little Chloe. She has such a sweet heart! Here are a couple things she has done recently that just melt my heart because of her sweetness.

I took her to the grocery store the other day and she happily got her cookie at the door. We did our shopping and at the check out she says to me, "Mommy, I think Carly and Harper would like a cookie too." She is so thoughtful. She wrapped up 2 cookies and ran inside the house to give out her treats to her siblings.

We have had a bought of sickness run through this house this week. All of the kids have gotten it starting with Harper, then Chloe, and now Carly. Today Carly was laying down resting and Chloe proceeds to gather books from around the house. She states, "Mom, I'm getting all the dog books for Carly so I can read to her and make her feel better!" Carly's favorite animal is a dog and Chloe knew that would lift her spirits. So she sat next to her sick sister reading every dog book to her.

Then today at lunch, the kids were eating pb&j's and I had 1 piece of leftover pizza. Harper wanted a bite, but didn't not politely ask for one, so I told him not until he asked the right way. Well of course, the girls heard that and they politely asked for a bite of my pizza. I tore them both a piece of my slice and they put it on their plate. Chloe was coaching Harper to ask politely, but he was stubbornly festering to himself. I continued to eat my pizza. When he finally asked the right way for a piece, I had none left! I told him he took too long to make a good choice. Chloe looks down at her little piece I had torn off for her (it was no bigger than a quarter) and tears it in 2. What does she do? Hands Harper a piece of her pizza. This girl's little heart is so big. I love her!

No comments: