Sunday, August 29, 2010

Happy 1st Birthday Finley!

Our baby is 1!!!! This has been such a great year with our Finley addition! She is such a sweet, funny, and loving girl. There is so much love for this sweet angel! She brightens my day with her cute smile! She loves balloons, balls, dogs, cats, and dancing. Her favorite words are all done, watermelon (ma mel), Mama, Dada, Per (Harper - she hasn't figured out the girls names yet), Pa (Grandpa), Ma (Grandma), Ma-Ma (more) - that is all I can think of right now. She has perfected the pterodactyl scream as well (this rather annoys me). We love our funny Fifi! Her brother and sisters smother her with love. I put her to bed at 7:30 and the girls go in the room around 8 after their story and I love going in there to tuck her in because she will stand up in her bed and just start giving kisses. All you see is this big brown fuzz rise up from the bed and smack her lips - super cute. She doesn't walk and probably won't for a while! She'll move and walk holding onto stuff, but won't free stand. The girls woke up this morning and said, "Finley is 1 now - can she walk?!" They have been wanting to go to the beach and I told them we didn't want to go until she could walk - we may have to break this and just take them! Here are some pictures from her little birthday party. We didn't feel like doing too much this year, because everyone was busy getting back into the swing of things with school and stuff, so it was a low key one at home (which was quite nice not having to pack party items and lug them around)!

Finley absolutely loved her balloons! She wouldn't let go of them! I had to pry them away and of course she let me know that she didn't like it!
All my sweet babies
The little ladies - I love girls in pink!

Present time is quite fun with 4 little kids! Everyone wanted to help teach Fifi how to open her presents.
Finley had her own special cake and I made her party hat to match.

She did not like her hat!! But she hates anyone messing with her hair so the hat stayed on just for this picture!

She didn't even have a chance at the candle because of all the "help" she received! We sang Happy Birthday and the candle was out in a split second.

She barely touched her cake, but then again I didn't give her too much time to dig in. She took a couple bites and then I just fed it to her - I hate messes!

And don't forget all the help she always gets!! Here are all 3 of the big kids feeding her! Doesn't she look thrilled!
Ok - the cake! So Matt got several treats/cakes for his birthday. One of which was an entire sheet cake from his work that no one touched. We had so much other stuff to eat that I stuck it in the deep freezer. Well, I decided to get this cake out of the freezer by giving to the party guests!!! He he!! Hey, it was both sets of grandparents and my sister there, so I didn't think they would care one bit. So I made out on the cake thing!! I wish I could have made a cake, but waste not, want not!!! I scraped off Matt's name and attempted to write Finley's. It worked! And here is the birthday girl today - her real birthday! We love you Finley Claire!

No comments: