Tuesday, August 10, 2010

School Time!

After several weeks of pulling out school materials and tearing this house apart, we have finally gotten our school room ready for action! The girls have been so excited to see all the stuff and they continue to ask me when Mommy school will start. I am thinking about Monday getting going, since it is way too hot to even go to the pool now. I even got to go to my friend Lauren's Kindergarten classroom last week and get some great stuff from her files. Lauren went to UNCC with me. So here is to our first year homeschooling - wish me luck!
I got this dry erase board from the neighbors. They had it in the pile for the Kidney Foundation, so I made the kids run across the street and snag it. I bought some black paint and it is like new! And in the other corner is their classroom library. They are all from my classroom when I taught so they are organized and easy for them to get to.
Here is their table and chairs. They have little drawers to house their pencils/crayons/markers/glue sticks, etc. Then they have 2 boxes each - 1 for books they can read alone and one for a notebook and folder and to put their papers in. We turned the play kitchen into a little nook in the classroom since we have no more rooms to put it. Harper likes going in the little spot to cook, so it will be good for him to keep busy in. I got these chairs from IKEA for $15 and then I bought some fabric for $2 and covered the seat bottom. So they look so cute now and it was only a little fabric that did the trick.

Here is our calendar stuff. It works out perfectly on the back of the play kitchen. I also got this filing cabinet off of Craig's List for $40. Pretty good deal when the cheapest 2 drawer one I found was $60! I just need to purchase a cabinet thing to house some bigger stuff, but for the most part, we are ready for action.

1 comment:

The Seven Acre Wood said...

oh fun! the classroom looks great! :) and the pictures on the wall are looking great too ;)Good luck with your first year of school at Riffle Country Day!