Thursday, September 30, 2010

Rectangle Fan

This post is out of order, but I had to document because it was funny. Tonight we tucked everyone in bed and when I walked past the thermostat, I looked and saw it was 78 in here!! We went the whole day with the air off and the windows closed. I didn't realize it was toasty in here, because I didn't leave the house! I told Matt to open the windows so it would cool down. Carly came out of her room about 10 minutes later and she said she was hot. I told her we were working on it and it would cool down in 10 minutes (just said something to get her back to bed). Then she looked at us and said, "Turn on my rectangle fan!" Matt and I were looking at her like she was crazy and told her they don't have a fan in their room. We said her window was open and to stay on top of her covers. She was adamit and kept telling us that she wanted that rectangle fan on. We had no clue what she was talking about and she described it for us. "The rectangle on top that blows - the FAN!!" AHHHH - the ac vent!!! Matt and I burst out laughing because we finally figured out what she was talking about. She wanted some AC!! We couldn't stop laughing. So we told her to stand in front of the window and she could feel the cool air. With a big smile, she retreated back to bed satisfied that she would cool off soon.

No comments: