Friday, February 25, 2011

100

Today, February 25th, my grandma turns 100!! I have never known someone who has actually lived that long, but my grandma has done it!! When I was little, I wanted to grow up to be 100, but now that seems like a long life :) I can't imagine being that old - I mean, I am having a little difficulty on the big 30 this year! She had 6 kids - Mary Alice, Peggy, Betsy, Alberta, Ella May, and Stanley (my Dad). She has 20 grandkids (I think - I will check on this), Channing will be her 49th Great Grandchild, and 2 great great grandkids. That's alot of people! She lived through both World Wars and the Great Depression. Those just seem so long ago that it doesn't seem real that she could possibly live through that. She saw the first TV, spaceship, and was born not too many years after the Wright Brothers' first flight!! I am not a history buff by any means, these are just some of the major history events that are amazing to me to know she lived through them. Well, Happy Birthday Grandma!
I had this picture made into a card for her - Hallmark had only 1 card to choose from for 100, so I figured she would get a bunch of those :)

No comments: