Thursday, February 10, 2011

Crazy Love

Matt and I finished reading an awesome book this past week called Crazy Love, by Francis Chan. It was very impactful to say the least. If the Holy Spirit doesn't get you while reading it, you must not have read the whole thing!! As we started to read, immediately we felt like selling everything we owned and living out of a single wide trailer! But towards the end, I realized what the book was really telling me. Crazy love inspires you not to be a lukewarm christian, but rather live life on this planet embracing each day as it comes and living it like Jesus would. Yes, some are called to go to other countries to share the gospel, some are called into ministry, and then there are people like me, whom I had to sit back and really think what my calling really is. My children. I have been given 5 sinful lives. 5 people that live with me that do not know Jesus Christ and are perfect sinners like the rest of us. Who else is supposed to teach them? I have embarked on this homeschooling journey this year and I have to say, that I have learned a lot! This is my calling right now. I am to raise these children to know the Lord and to show them how to live a Jesus centered life. Does that mean that I will never be able to go share the gospel? Absolutely not! I need to do it daily to these children and to the children of our church that I spend a lot of time with. I have full intentions of taking all our children with us on a family mission trip once they are all big enough to understand everything. So, yes at first while reading this book, I wanted to move mountains, but I am going to have to start off with my 5 mountains here at home! Deuteronomy 6:5-9 Love the Lord your God with all your heart with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates.

So now we are faced with our house decision. Do we sell or do we go? Do we buy the house that has all the space we would like at the price we need? We have decided to take our faith in the Lord and know that He has been preparing us for this journey all along. We know that we will be taken care of and that having some more space will allow me to work with these children as they get bigger and I have to teach more of them! We feel this is God's calling for our family so we are taking our giant leap of faith!! Please pray for us as we begin this journey and for the strength that we need!

No comments: