Thursday, February 17, 2011

Oh, the Comments

I love being pregnant. I love feeling my little baby do some crazy gymnastic flips in my belly and I love sharing it all with my kiddos and hubby. I love feeling the girls gently rub my stomach and the baby responding with lots of kicks. I love Finley kissing the baby and all the joy that this member already brings into our family. Yes, being pregnant is fun, but this time around and these last 2 months have been difficult to say the least. And of course with my ever growing body, the increase of comments sky rockets! This has been my latest favorite comment, "You look tired." Well, thank you! I have slept in a recliner for the past 2 months, I have a tube coming out of my back and I take care of 4 kids all day long, so thank you for the affirmation that I look tired, I needed to hear that! Or I like, "When are you due?" followed by my response, which their response is, "Man, are you sure it's not twins again?" Thank you for highlighting that I am extremely large. I didn't realize how big I was, so thanks for pointing that out for me! I know people have absolutely no idea what their words really sound like, so I don't let it get to me. There are those that do know how to speak to a pregnant lady, and to them I am greatly appreciative. Those kind words of how great you look (even if they are just being nice) means alot when you feel like you have been dragged behind a bus. And on days like today when it is 70 plus degrees out and all you want to do is put on a cute little t-shirt and play with your kids at the park, but in reality, you take your kids to the park wearing a grungy t-shirt because it is the longest one you have and still doesn't cover your entire belly, stand and watch your kids play, because the thought of getting up into that play set sounds torturous, and then come back home with blood all over it because your 18 month old busted her lip and your shoulder is where she finds her comfort. Ah, the joys of pregnancy - come on 40 weeks!!!!

(disclaimer.... this post was started at 11pm, in which I fell asleep in the middle of writing, so it may be a little jumbled and emotional, but hey, I will claim the "I'm entitled to feel this way" card!)

No comments: