Saturday, February 11, 2012

Heart Beat

I love the innocence of children. Everything is not thought out. Everything is told like it is. There is no debate on whether the answer is right or wrong - it is what they want it to be. The other morning I had put my head on Finley's chest. I laughed and told her I heard her heart beating. I asked her what her hearts says - expecting Bump, Bump. "It says Jesus Loves Me This I know!" She proclaimed ever so matter of factly. Such love. There is no well thought out answer to that question, but just a simple phrase that says so much. What a challenge! Does your heart sing Jesus Loves Me This I Know? Or does it harbor so much more. A freed up heart that sings beautiful praises is what I want my heart to say!! I learn so much from these kids. Their eyes are opened to so much more than mine and I often start trying to teach them things, when they just turn and teach me something so much more. Yes, I did not correct Finley's statement of what her heart says. I want her heart to always sing Jesus Loves Me This I know!!!

No comments: