Monday, September 28, 2009

Sarah and Tim Get Hitched!!

On Saturday, September 26, 2009, Sarah and Tim got married!! They did not have a very long engagement, so this wedding has been a hot topic in our house since Sarah asked the girls to be flower girls!! We were all so excited for this event - the girls were for their flower girl debut and I was because my best friend was finally getting something she has been wanting for a long time now - an amazing husband and companion to make her life complete!! Seeing the love on their faces this day was so beautiful and I pray they have an amazing marriage!

Friday night we had the rehearsal at Tim's Dad's church, because that is where we were going to be eating. The girls were thrilled to finally get their baskets and flowers. They did so good!!! They were all smiles and did a great job tossing their flowers. There were 2 ring bearers as well, Preston and Levi, so they got to walk hand in hand with each other at the end of the ceremony. We ate some really yummy bbq in the fellowship hall, which was decorated so nice! Tim's family had a very nice dinner planned and we thoroughly enjoyed the evening. We didn't get home until 10:00 pm, so needless to say, we were tired!!
On Saturday, all the bridesmaids met up at the salon to get our hair and make up done. We had a nice breakfast there and we enjoyed our "girl" time before the big event! When I was done getting my make up done, I came home to pick up all my girls. The boys stayed home so Harper could have a nap. We headed to Magnolia Glen (the wedding site). Well, the weather was a little obstacle for the day!! It wasn't raining, it was misting all day!! Sometimes a very heavy mist, sometimes very light, and sometimes no rain at all. We practiced to have the wedding outside and under the tent. Then we all got ready for pictures. Deanna did the wedding pictures, so you'll have to check them out once they are posted! (I don't have hardly any pictures at all, because I was balancing all 3 of the girls the whole day!) Sarah was doing well the whole day. Not too nervous! We ended up having the wedding outside and it misted on us, but it never rained hard.
Harper thought he was hot to trot with his tux on!! He was so cute and I just wanted to squeeze him every time I looked at him!

Here I am coming down the aisle!


Here is Carly stopping when she saw Matt to tell him that her basket was out of flowers!! She was so funny when she turned the corner to walk down the aisle. It was like someone turned on her smile switch. She rounded the corner and was cheesing from ear to ear. She had prayed for this moment almost every night and she was have the time of her life!! Chloe was more conservative with her petals. By the time she got to me at the end, her basket was still full - she only threw out the flowers one at a time (I think she was afraid to wrinkle the soft rose petals).

The ceremony was so nice. I really enjoyed the words that they prepared to exchange. Tim's dad was the one who married them and her Grandpa did the opening part of the ceremony (both are preachers). During the ceremony, it hit me what purpose the bridesmaids serve. There are 2 parts. One is the preparation for the wedding, and the other is the emotional support we are to Sarah. Tim had glanced at us during the ceremony and I thought of what he saw when he looked at his bride - a gorgeous woman, with some great friends that have her back at all times!! He is not only marrying Sarah, but he is coming into some pretty strong relationships people have with Sarah. Her sister and cousin- been there since birth, Tim's sister - a short relationship, and friends - we have been there through tough times and fun times, but we are ALWAYS there for her.

Here are the kids at their table playing with their crafts. Sarah wanted a kids table at the wedding, so of course I volunteered to head that up! They had place mats they could color, crayons, silly putty, stickers, and pipe cleaners to make stuff. One boy, Gavin, made hand cuffs and ate his entire dinner with them on - so cute!
My men in black! Aren't they just stunning!


Mr. and Mrs. Tim Clevenger

Chloe and Harper getting ready to hit the dance floor together! They loved dancing and they were the absolute LAST ones on the floor - actually they were still dancing as the DJ was packing up. Matt had to play music from his cell phone for them because they were still getting jiggy with it!!

Carly and Finley resting from all their dancing! I don't have a picture of Finley!!!!!!!! My mom made her a beautiful black and ivory dress and I didn't even get a picture of her!! I am sure Deanna captured something gorgeous, so I will order one from her, but I can't believe these are all the pictures I have!! I need to hire someone to come with me at all times, just to take pictures. I need someone like a golf caddy!! Carry my bags and document our family outings - that would be great!

Chloe passed out in the car on the way home at 7:30. They were so tired. I don't think they made it out of the parking lot!!
Now, the second part of the bridesmaid statement I made earlier! As I mentioned, the bridesmaids role is preparation - what about reception planning!! At about 2:00 (wedding started at 4), Sarah figures out that the caterer is a NO SHOW!! Can you believe the nerve of taking off with her money and then she is faced with a reception with no food! The lady who owned the place, Sarah's aunt, the bridesmaids, and even the cake lady (and I am sure plenty of others) had to scramble to get a reception put together!! There were Walmart trips, Bojangles trips, BBQ trips, etc. It ended up very nice for only a few hours to put it together. I wished I had taken a picture of the little kitchen that was there - Bridesmaids in dresses chopping fruit, her aunt putting trays together, and the lady who owned the place (sure do wish I knew her name) rummaging through her storage to find things to display the food on! Was it what Sarah wanted - absolutely not, but she kept herself together and realized there was nothing that could be done! I thoroughly enjoyed the ceremony and the reception and left full - so it all went well in my opinion!! So all in all - wonderful day to see Sarah and Tim get hitched!!

No comments: