Monday, September 7, 2009

What's Been Going On?

Sorry about this post, but I kind of posted it backwards. The story behind it all is at the end- forgot I had to post pics first - my postings have been messed up lately!!




Carly in her camping bed!

Daddy with his little campers!!

At Matthews Alive they had a Home Depot tent and they gave them an apron and a bird house kit! They are going to be assembling them later - it is a really cool kit.



We also watched a Magic Corky show - some wierdo clown lady - do some tricks. The kids really liked her and this is Harper participating in one trick. He looked so cute!


Well, it has been one week and 2 days since our sweet angel has been born and everyone asks, "How's it going?" We are LOVING our family time together!! It has been a VERY long time since we have had just alone time together as a family. The kids have thoroughly enjoyed Daddy being home and their Finley Claire!! They take such good care of her! When she cries, she has 3 caregivers hovering over her! They do a great job. The other day I got out of the shower and Harper had a little play bowl and spoon. He told me he was going to feed me ice cream. He stirred it up and proceeded to give me some bites. Then he told me he was feeding Finley ice cream too. Oh boy, did that make me sweat. So I waited until he left the bathroom and followed him to see him feed this poor infant. He walked right up to the swing and ever so slowly put the spoon to her mouth, stopping about a 1/2 inch from her mouth!! Whew!! That was close. It was so cute. Last week we spent every day at home (except for Matt - he had to make 1 trip to the store each day - he couldn't handle being here without leaving!!) We had a camp out Wednesday night in the backyard! We made a fire and roasted marshmallows and then Matt and the girls slept in the tent. I kept Harper inside with me and Finley. The girls had so much fun!! They played with their flashlights and then Matt told them it was time for bed. He said they laid there for a long time, and then one of them said, "Excuse me Daddy, I need to go potty!" So they came back in for the last potty break and then fell right to sleep. When they woke up, they said, "Dad, I love my camping bed!" It was a great time to spend with their Daddy - he was excited to sleep through the night too!! Friday night Finley decided to only wake up once in the night!! That was great and she has done it the past 2 nights as well - hopefully she keeps it up. On Sunday we went to church. Later on Finley and I went to David's Bridal to see Rachel try on wedding dresses. She found her dress - the second one she tried on!!! Matt took the kids to the pool for one last time - again great quality time with Daddy. Today we went to Matthews Alive. We just walked around and collected some free stuff - the best was a bird house kit from Home Depot - they will probably work on those later on! It was a ton of fun! The kids ended it with an ice cream cone. We have also had some AWESOME meals brought to us by our friends from church. They brought a meal every day last week and they are coming again this week too!!! We are so blessed to have such a terrific and loving church family!!! We appreciate not having to worry about groceries and preparing meals. Matt and I have also love spending quiet nap times with our new little girl! She gets to be loved on for 2 1/2 solid hours by us!! Yesterday we got serenaded by Harper (via the monitor): Jesus loves me this I know the muffin man, the muffin man, the muffin man! We just laughed at his cuteness! Anyways, just wanted to give an update on what has been going on since Finley has been home!!

No comments: