Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Are you trying to shine?

I read an article today and it was really cool. I would cut and paste the article, but for some reason blogspot doesn't let me do that. Here is the jist: This boy came to a realization that the moon has no light of its own. It simply reflects the light from the sun. After a few minutes, he comments to his Mom: "That is the same way we would be without Jesus." ~Yet the good news is that you have Christ, the Light of the World in you (John 9:5)~ It made me think of this question: How do you let your light shine? Do you try to shine by yourself and think that you have your own light, or do you let Jesus shine through you? It is hard to make yourself basically transparent and just let Jesus do all the shining for you. There are times when you think you can do it all alone with no assistance or that you may not need God on this one. But the truth is we should always be letting Jesus shine through us. And I don't know about you, but I would prefer to be a full moon at that!!! None of this half moon business and the light is only partially seen. Anyways, just some food for thought and definitely a challenge for myself!

No comments: