Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Channing Hope's Arrival

March 10th was the date God had planned out all along for our Channing Hope to be born. I woke up around 2:30 am and started having contractions. There is a contraction calculator site online that all you have to do is click the timer and it times how long and how far apart your contractions are, so I just laid in my lovely recliner (that I have slept in for 9 long weeks) partially asleep and clicked the button every time I had one. At around 4:30 am, I decided to finish folding the last load of laundry in our room. Matt woke up and said, "What are you doing?" I told him today was the day and that he wasn't going to work that day. He said, "Oh, you ok?" (I replied yes) "Well, I'm going back to sleep." I am so glad he knows how to relax at all times! Around 6 am I called my Mom so she would know that at some point in the morning Channing would be coming. So she started working on getting a sub and getting things tied up at work. I then asked my sister, Nichole, to come over after she dropped her kids off at school. I worked on packing my bags, Matt packed up the car, I got all the kids clothes picked out, and did all my finishing that I had to do. I then made it back to my recliner and just chilled out having contractions. It was so relaxing. The kids all sat in the living room and played with some trains and whispered the entire time. So I was entertained and it was peaceful. Well, Nichole was getting worried and she told me I needed to leave! I decided to call the Dr. when they were 4-6 min apart.
And here I am ready to depart. This is the last picture of Channing in womb! We left the house and I told Matt that I was so relaxed I didn't think that I was close enough. Matt was going to turn around and then he said we could go to Target!! He said or we could go to Walmart and have her and call her Americus (from the movie Where the Heart Is). I decided that it would probably take them a while to get me all checked in so I decided to just go to the hospital. We were even driving behind a car on 485 going 45! We were just chatting away and then I asked Matt if he realized we were only going 45. So we passed them :) Matt dropped me off at the front door and I stood and waited in the lobby. All the little ladies at the desk kept wanting to get me a wheelchair. I told them I was fine, I was just waiting for my husband. So Matt and I walked hand in hand to labor and delivery.
Before we walked into labor and delivery, I wanted a picture together. (I didn't even know I was 10 cm at this point :) We walked up to the desk and told them we were checking in. The nurse took me to the room while Matt signed me in. I got changed into the lovely gown and she called the Dr. - I was ready!! We walked in the door at 9:49 am and she was born at 10:23 am. Not bad at all!! It was the absolute, most calm delivery.

And then Channing Hope was here! As soon as I saw her, I couldn't believe how much she looked the all the others - especially Carly. She was absolutely beautiful!
She weighed 7 lbs. 12 oz. and she looked great! I was so relieved she was healthy. I thought she was going to come out with green hair from all the medication I was on in January.
And of course that instant love overwhelms you the first time you hold your precious child. I am always amazed at how much you love this little person you just met!

She got her bath and the nurse decided to give her a rooster hair do. She looked so cute.
She got all dressed up and this is what I had been waiting for - the first hugs of a freshly washed and clothed baby - AHHHH, such a heavenly smell!!
Daddy with his 4th daughter!!! He has a lot of love to give out, but I know he is perfectly capable.
My sweet girl! She was worth every bit of the last 9 months!
So cute!
Our first family picture! I can't believe that all these sweet angels are all depending on Matt and myself for everything!! What an honor it is for God to entrust us with them. We love each and everyone of you with all our hearts!!
Carly - the oldest - she has a very important job taking care of all these kids. I know she is perfect for the job! She is so caring and was so excited to meet Channing. This is one proud sister.
Harper - what a job this boy has!! 2 sisters older than him and 2 sisters younger than him. He is such a loving boy and I am sure he will take his job seriously!

Chloe!! Oh this girl is precious!! She has absolutely fallen in love with taking care of Channing. We even got to spend some extra time together in the hospital which was the best time ever!!! After the entire crew came up to visit - which was fun all these little kids in 1 little room - I had Matt take Harper and Finley home to feed them dinner and put them to bed. My Mom was with me, so she left later on to sit at home while Matt came back to see Channing and pick the big girls up. Carly and Grandma went to the cafeteria to get dinner and Chloe just sat and held Channing. She sang to her and talked to her. It was very special. After they ate, Carly sat in bed with me and held Channing and we just chilled out and watched a little Diego. I absolutely cherished this time with my big girls and my baby. It was so sweet and relaxing and they loved it.
Daddy came to pick them up and brought their pjs and brushed their teeth, because he foresaw sleeping girls when he got home. We had fun just us 5. And yes, Carly was out cold when he got home!
The night was ok, but the accommodations aren't the most comfortable in the hospital!! The next day Matt came with the girls again around 1:30 to pick us up! I was ready to get out of there. We need our team together in one place. It is so much work juggling all the kids and Matt having to be back and forth. So home is where we needed to be! Here Carly and Chloe are babysitting for the first time. I needed help so they got to "babysit" for me! They loved it.
Channing was buckled and ready to go!
At 3:30 in the afternoon, Carly and Chloe were exhausted! These 2 days were just so overwhelming that they passed right out! I knew they would be crashing. They were just so excited for this baby they couldn't handle it! So once we got home, we wanted operation chill!!
Finley absolutely loves this baby! She is so cute with her. She wants to hold her and she is very gentle. She gives her kisses and like to show her things. She keeps her distance and doesn't smother her. I am very pleased with her reaction to all this.
All of our children! Amazing!
Getting ready to go to her 3 day check up. She got to wear her braclet we made for her.
So everything that deals with Miss Channing has been wonderful. Me, on the other hand has been a different story. When we were getting ready to leave, I was sweating alot. I couldn't believe how hot I was. Well, I started a fever of 103. It continued until Sunday and then I went to Urgent Care and they figured out I had a kidney infection. So I got on some meds and the next day headed to the urologist. So as of right now, I feel much better. The fever is gone, but we still have the whole kidney tube thing to deal with. That will be another post!!

No comments: