Wednesday, March 23, 2011

So long Jane

Well, it has been 2 weeks since Channing was born and we are starting to get to the bottom of the kidney issues. Right after she was born, I spiked a fever, which was the result of a kidney infection. After a trip to urgent care, a couple of Dr. visits, and 3 medications, I am finally working on getting rid of that. I need to be on an antibiotic for 2 weeks since the infection was pretty rough. Last week, Jane was removed!!! Nothing really went the way it was supposed to. They couldn't insert the dye in the tube since it was clogged, so I had an ultrasound and CT scan so they could see the status of the stones. Then they said they could remove the tube, which they tried to just pull it out, but again, that didn't happen. He made me get on an xray table to try to get a wire up the tube. Didn't work. So they sent me to another room, got another Dr. in there to help, shot up my back with numbing meds, and with lots of pain later, the tube was removed!! It didn't feel so good because I could feel every tug inside my body - YIKES!! But after a week of that thing gone, I feel great!! Do you know how wonderful it is to sleep in your own bed?! 9 weeks in the recliner left me very appreciative for my bed! Also, I have been able to take a regular shower! I can just walk in and shower - no more covering the patch and having my tube hang from the wall and not letting my back get wet. I am so thankful Jane is gone! Next week I go for an xray and they will decided what to do with the 13 kidney stones I have - 8 in the left and 5 in the right! I can't believe I have that many, but hopefully they can break them up or something and this kidney issue will all be history!

No comments: