Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Christmas Concert

The girls had their Christmas Choir concert at church again this year, and of course, they loved every minute of it. We had to have Harper as our camera man. I was wrestling a 9 month old alligator and Matt was on video patrol and Fifi control. So that left our 4 year old camera man. He did a pretty good job. So if you need to hire a camera man that gets good shots from 3 feet, Harper is you man! I thought this picture of my Mom and Grandma was funny! Pete and Repeat!!
And all his pictures had Reilly's head in it. I thought this one was just super cute!
And here they all are after the performance. As always Carly and Chloe look very underwhelmed, but they love every minute of it and they sang all the songs - but one! My Mom and I were sitting there watching them singing during the concert, then we noticed Carly turn red and look away. She kind of had tears in her eyes. I didn't know what was going on, but she was able to dry it up and get back into singing mode. Later on Matt and I were talking about it, and I asked him if he saw her. He said yes, and it was because of the song. They were singing about the stinky, smelly Shepherds. I do not like them talking like that, and they were going to stand their ground and neither one of them sang that song! They knew it was inappropriate for them to say, so they clammed up and just waited till the next song. How sweet! They are such good girls. The next day I asked them about it and they just hugged me! They told me they didn't want to sing it and I told them I was proud of them for making a good choice in their heart and that they knew what to do. I am so proud of them. I know it sounds crazy, but I just want them to be respectful to others so I don't like them saying stuff like that. I am so proud of these girls ~ and they are growing up way too fast!

No comments: