Thursday, March 5, 2009

Could this be it?

Oh my goodness!!! The other day I had mentioned to the girls that pretty soon they would have to start wearing gloves so they will stop sucking their thumbs. Well all morning Chloe has been wearing one and she told me she was a big girl. Kind of shocked, but I knew when nap time came around her tune would change when she wanted to smell her beloved giraffe. So, I just laid them down and she came running to me and said, "Mom, look. I can just smell giraffe like this (rubbing his tail under her nose) and I don't need to suck my thumb!" I was shocked and said, "You bet! And when you are all done sucking that thumb you can have your manicure." They have been dying to get their fingernails painted, but I won't let them until they are all done thumb sucking. Well, 2 seconds later Carly is looking for her a glove. She said she didn't need to suck her thumb just like Chloe. So both are in bed, with a glove on, not sucking their thumbs. And the best part - I didn't have to do a thing!!! Now, the test is tonight and if they get hurt. But baby steps are giant steps in the thumb sucking area with these two!!! AWWWW MAN!! I just went to check on both of them to see if they did it. Chloe, the tough one, switch the glove and is sound asleep with thumb in her mouth!!! Monkey!! Carly is still awake with the glove on the correct hand, but not looking sleepy in the slightest. Well, I guess this post is praising their attempts and not success!!!! Carly could have success, but I doubt it after seeing her in there!!! Oh, well they are trying.




Post Update: I went to get Carly out of bed after sitting in there wide awake talking to her gloves for 2 1/2 hours and she was passed out!! Take a look at her picture. She tried, I'll have to give her that!


Look how sweet she is! She tried so hard - that thumb just couldn't stay in the glove!

No comments: