Sunday, March 1, 2009

It's Beginning to Look Alot Like Christmas

Well, I can't believe it. 3 snow days this year!!! It is 6:15 and I am just watching the flakes fall from the sky blanketing the outside. All I keep singing is the song It's Beginning to Look Alot like Christmas! I haven't had a white Christmas in over 11 years, but the sight of it makes me want to pull out the Christmas CDs and sing my heart out. Am I excited about the snow?? Hmm let me think about that one. Part of me says no way! I want spring!!! I have been cooped up at home for a while not wanting to face the frigid temperatures outside (I would have never survived back home in NY as a parent!) Yesterday, I noticed the bulbs that the girls and I had planted this fall actually bloomed!!!! I didn't even get to see them! I saw them from the window, but with all the rain for the past 3 days, I didn't go and look at them. They were purple and looked pretty as far as I could tell. I find poor Harper sitting in the garage in the dark in his riding car wishing to go outside and play. We just want to run around outside and play! Now, the other part of me absolutely loves snow! I just get so excited to see it! I guess it is because it only lasts for 1 day and I know it will be gone tomorrow (and is supposed to be 68 on Saturday). So for today, I am very much excited for the snow. I guess the call from my brother pumped me up. He was at work and he was so excited to have had to go outside and shovel! Then I started getting giddy and as soon as I heard the freezing rain pelt the kitchen window, it was all on! Now I have to lug all the snow gear back out of the attic, because I am sure the girls will have to go and play tomorrow. It's worth it - I love the snow and whats just one more cold day!!!!

Little Harper Banks watching the snow fall! He just got out of the bath and he has his toothbrush in hand watching the "No." He says, "no, white." Sometimes he adds cold into his snow statement.

No comments: