Wednesday, March 11, 2009

It finally came!

Oh the spring weather finally came!!! I absolutely love the spring. It is by far my favorite season. I love seeing everything bloom, our Bradford pear tree in the front yard looks so nice. It just makes you feel great. Friday began the warm up and it is sad that today is the last of the nice days, hopefully just until next week! I think I have done everything I love to do in these 6 days! We grilled out steaks with Sarah and Tim then played games Friday night. Saturday we played with Connor and Kaitlyn at my Mom's and then took the kids to the park. Sunday we laid out and I got burnt - nice lobster arms! We also grilled out burgers. Monday we played in the backyard all day and had a picnic. Tuesday we did the same. Today we went to the indoor pool, had a picnic, and a campfire. Of course Matt took the hammock out too so I took a good nap in that too! I feel so nice and relaxed it is not even funny! My family loves being outside and we have taken several walks in the neighborhood (the girls love picking the flowers along the way).

Here is one of my bulbs that came up. I ran outside and took a picture of it before the snow last week. They are all gone now - of course my efforts at planting didn't go so well, but there are different ones coming up, so hopefully they will come out just as pretty.


On Sunday, we went to the lot that we like and put a sold sign up!! We put the house on contingency. It feels kind of weird to have put a sold sign up when we haven't had 1 person come look at our house (well tomorrow night we have a showing)!!! But it was fun taking the kids up there to show them where we could live.
The girls finally worked up enough courage to ask the next door neighbor if they could ride her power wheels Jeep. Oh my - they loved it!!! They both took turns driving - and I will NOT be teaching them how to drive when they are 16!!! I was chasing them up the street trying to teach them how to steer and stop. I would get to laughing so hard I couldn't even talk! I have blisters from my flip flops too so my feet were hurting so bad and my back was killing from bending down and grabbing the steering wheel. They did end up getting it and did a great job driving (providing they weren't talking and messing with the radio)! It was alot of fun. Carly was driving and told me she was doing it all by herself like Kendall and Kendall's mom doesn't go with her down the street. She looked at me and said, "Go back Mom, I can do it all by myself. I don't need you!!!" AGH! They are getting so big it is scary! Carly is definitely just like me. When Chloe was driving she would tell her to turn. At one point she even grabbed the wheel and turned for her. If you have ever driven with me, you know that I am a huge "backseat driver," so it was funny to see Carly taking up my roll in the twin partnership! Anyways, it was a great end to a beautiful spring week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Becca~
How did the showing go the other night? Where are you and Matt looking at building?