Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Amber's Wedding

This past weekend marked a big first for us!! We left our kids for the very first time for 2 nights!!!!!!!!! I was in my friend Amber's wedding and it was in Raleigh, so we packed the kids up and sent them to Grandma's and Grandpa's for the weekend! They were so excited to go on vacation to their house. I actually wasn't that bad off. I missed them, but we were so busy that we didn't have that much time to wish they were there. We got to Raleigh about 4:30, just enough time to check in our hotel, change and get to the church for the rehearsal. We then went out to eat to this restaurant called the Pit. It was an awesome barbeque spot (it was even on the Food Network for best barbeque places). We had bbq, beef brisket, collards (the best we have ever had), and beans - Yummy!! Saturday morning, Matt and I walked downtown Raleigh so I could find a place to paint my toenails (something that got overlooked at home). We called the kids to say hi, and my Mom asked them if they wanted to talk to us - in unison they said, "Na ah!!" So no, they weren't really missing us!!! At 10:30 that morning the beautification process began!! All of us girls went to the mall to get our hair and make up done. We then went back to her parent's hotel room to get ready together and eat some lunch. We took a huge expedition limo to the church and then to the reception, which was on NC State's campus, called the State Club. The reception lasted until about 11:15 and we were off to our hotel for bed!! I slept in on Sunday to 7:45!! It kind of stunk that I was so big being pregnant, because I have to get up in the morning to get my body adjusted for the day. Kind of painful when I wake up, so sleeping in isn't an option. We ate breakfast at the hotel and headed home. The kids were kind of glad to see us, but they definitely wanted to stay! It was a lot of fun!!


My Hair (this was actually taken at midnight so it was falling out and bobby pins were sticking out, but you get the gist)

They had a photo booth at the reception so here is a pic of our picture strip. It was really neat.

Amber and me - Amber looked so beautiful! The sour apple dresses looked so nice too. Mine actually fit!! I was so worried that it wouldn't, but it was great and no, it was not a maternity dress!! They were very comfy. We held bouquets with hot pink Gerber daisies in it. So pretty!
My husband and I all dressed up! With baby in the middle!


The cake table!!! YUMMY!! There were 8 cakes - 4 flavors: snickers, orangecicle, an Italian cake, and blue moon. They were so yummy. Matt tried 3 out of the 4. He liked the orange one the best.

No comments: