Monday, July 20, 2009

My Ball


The other night we were at a Sunday School party and one of the kids came up to me and said the funniest thing. Little Miss Lenah (she is 2 1/2 yrs. old) stood in front of me and said, "Can I play with your ball?" I looked around to see if there was one laying around me and asked, "What ball?" And as cute as she could be, she pointed to my belly. "That one!!" All of us broke out in laughter and I told her it was a baby. That really didn't mean much to her, so I had to take her into the house and lift up my shirt. As soon as she saw that it was my skin (no ball to be found), she started laughing so loud!! It was the cutest thing in the world. She was truly convinced that I was stashing a ball under my shirt! I am going to miss my ball. Only 1 more month and my ball will be gone. I had to remind Matt last night, as he was complaining about my nightly back rub, that this would be the last time and that he should enjoy giving me my back rubs. I don't think it made it any better, but he at least stop complaining!! The girls love my belly. They love to feel their little sister kicking around. They wake up from their naps and want to just sit and love on my belly. They are so excited! A couple days ago, I had my weirdest child movement ever. My stomach got really hard, which I thought was a contraction, but it felt funny, so I put my hand on my belly. WEIRD!! I felt this baby's entire back!!! Ribs and all!!! It was so weird. I have felt the outline of entire feet before, which was really neat, but the ribs - crazy!! I am really going to miss being pregnant!!

No comments: