Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Couple of Cute Conversations

So the other day Harper wakes up and comes out frantically looking around. "Good morning sweetheart, what are you looking for?" I say. He says, "Where's Dad?" (nothing like some morning affection from my only son, right?!!) I tell him he already went to work, but I was talking to him on the phone as he was driving. I ask, "do you want to talk to him?" Harper: "I don't, I just need to go pray that he stays home!!" Oh the power of prayer in a 2 year olds mind! It was cute.

At lunch time one day, the kids and I were talking about our prayer journal. I told them we needed to look at it and check to see if we had any answered prayers. I wasn't feeling good a few weeks ago, so I told them I was all better and that God answered our prayers. Then we proceeded to have the conversation that sometimes God answers prayers immediately and sometimes we have to be patient and wait - like our house. Chloe says, "And sometimes he just doesn't listen!" Of course it made me chuckle, but it opened up the door to go into how we have to wait for God's timing. That we would leave this house when God said it was time and it would be His perfect timing. It was really neat for me to be able to teach them the difference between immediate and patience when it comes to prayer. I love teaching my kids things, when at the end of the lesson, I get just as much, if not more!

No comments: