Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Recital Time

The time has come for Carly and Chloe's 3rd recital! We were so proud of them! They did 2 dances this year - ballet (to a Tinker Bell song) and tap (to Put on a Happy Face). They actually smiled this year! At the rehearsal they got a little mixed up with their lines, but they did it again and it was smooth sailing. They looked so big this year. I guess the slicked back buns made them look older, but it was bittersweet to see! They loved every part about the big event. The make up, the lights, the loud music, etc. I really enjoy watching them do their dances (I guess I know exactly what they are feeling inside and I know how excited they are). So May 15th, revolved around this special event!
Backstage! I took them out there to see everything. They were in awe.

2 of their friends - Annsley on the right has been dancing with them every year. This year they met Ragan. They are such sweet girls. There were 14 kids total in their class this year. They were all so cute.

One of their favorite moves: arabesque.

Make up is the greatest! They got blush, eyeshadow, and lipstick. They loved looking in the mirrors at themselves. (And if they didn't have a mirror, they just looked at each other and admired their make up!)

Happy Face Pose - one of my favorite parts!

No comments: