Saturday, May 29, 2010

My Addiction

Yes, I was the crazy wife that called her husband on his way home from work Tuesday to stop and pick up some milk - it was the last day of the $1.99/gallon sale. I am shamed to admit how many I asked him to pick up - 7!! Yes, 7! I figured I could freeze a gallon, but when I looked at the dates, we can so handle downing all 7 of those gallons. We usually drink 5-6 a week. I know that is an obsessive amount, but when I look at it, at least my addiction to milk helps my body not harms it. I have been trying so hard to "clean up" my life. Meaning: save money, spend less, use lots of coupons, eating better, no more TV (we did exclude Survivor and 24 from this but 24 is now over so hopefully we just stick to Survivor night), and have quiet time daily - I have been doing this for a while but I have yet to find the perfect "quiet time"! Anyways, looking at the milk numbers (this is excluding the hershey syrup that I use for 2 of my milk glasses a day) - I spend around $15 a week on milk. That is $780 a year on just a beverage!!! Now we need some milk so I will chop off half of that for required for our health - that makes it a $390 addiction. Man, that is alot of money! When you think about it all beverages are pretty much a waste!! Think of how much money we would all save just by drinking water - no sodas, coffee, bottled water, juice, or if you drink alcoholic beverages. Hmm - maybe I should substitute a cup of milk for a glass of water. . . . .

No comments: