Sunday, October 14, 2012

Flashback


We go into our sweet 7 year old girls' room last night and we find them sleeping the exact same way, with the exact same tissue balled up on the night stand, with the same book out and we just smile.  We look at those big girls and we flash back to our precious newborn infants.  We see how that instant bond and love they have had from the start is still there, strong after 7 years.  They have always slept like this.  Always facing each other.  Twins absolutely fascinate me.  I am amazed at how close they are and how in sync they are.  They are so compatable.  Everytime I look at them playing with each other and interacting, I see Matt and myself.  Carly is my mini me and Chloe is mini Matt.  They just jive.  That is why God put us together.  Matt and I are so compatable and click in all the right places.  Where I am weak, he is strong and vice versa.  Same goes for the girls.  Carly is so strong willed and Chloe is not.  When Carly won't budge, Chloe folds with a smile on her face.  It is amazing to see the best friend bond that they have.  I am so glad they get to stay at home for school and get to work with each other.  When we were moving I actually called all the elementary schools in the districts of houses we liked to see their policy on twins.  MOST of them said they separate them.  They said they are individuals and shouldn't be kept together.  Some said if I put up enough fuss they would let me keep them together, but not in the upper grades.  Really?!  Why must they be punished for being best friends.  Yes, I do think they need alone time, and they do get that sometimes, but you are only young once and then you are forced to grow up.  Life will tear them apart eventually, but having a sister bond that is this thick is a treasure.  Not many get to have a twin, not many twins have a super tight bond, so I will foster this relationship as long as I can!

No comments: