Tuesday, October 30, 2012

My Whoot Owl!

"Mommy says I frustrate......but I not....I not frustrate!"
Yes, this is what my 3 year old told her Sunday school teacher!  And yes, I am not embarrassed one bit that my girl ratted me out and told someone that she frustrates me.  Truth is - she does :)  This girl is so dynamic and full of life.  She has a personality that is huge.  She has a whine that is worse than nails on a chalkboard.  Why??  Because God gave me someone EXACTLY like myself so that I can see what I do to others and so that I can seek Him in helping me change.  I read once that what bothers us the most about our kids is when they are doing the things that are the most like us.  Isn't that the truth!!  Everyday I am challenged by Finley (not that the child is horrible - she isn't!!!  But she whines and cries all the time!  So she isn't being bad, she just isn't being quiet!  Hmmmmm - insert myself!)  There are days when my patience was chewed up and swallowed at breakfast.  Why?  So that I can depend on God to give me what I need.  There are days when I am sitting with my children trying to talk to them about their behavior, looking it up in the Bible, and explaining how they should repent, and then I end up apologizing, looking things up in the Bible for myself and seeking forgiveness!  I am learning so much from my little "frustrate" child and I thank God for giving her to me and all her loudness.  I heard on a podcast this morning that she is my heavenly sandpaper.  She rubs me in order to smooth me out.  He is using her in mighty ways to break me and shape me so that I can show my children that we all struggle with imperfection, but the only way to control our selves is to ask the Lord for help!  

1 comment:

High School Diploma Online said...

I really like your blog it's really nice. I really enjoy here. & Your article its so unique its amazing. Thanks a lot for sharing. Keep blogging.