Monday, October 8, 2012

Finley's Trip to the Dr.

Last Sunday night Finley started complaining about her knee.  She started to say that it hurt and then she started saying she couldn't walk.  I gave her some Tylenol and put her to bed.  The next morning she woke up and slithered to our room crying because it hurt so bad.  She wouldn't go to the bathroom because she wouldn't put her foot down.  It was a lot of pain for her!  She was pitiful.  Now usually I don't run and take them to the Dr., but we were supposed to be going camping the next day and I wanted to make sure she was ok.  Well, she had an infection in her knee!  They had to rule out a bacterial infection that is stemmed from the hips so they took 2 tubes of blood.  She cried at first but she toughened up.  I couldn't believe how tough she was!  Then we had to go across the street to the hospital to get 4 xrays.  They hurt her poor knee, but she got through it and the technician said she was the toughest little 3 yr. old he has had in a long time.  Well, she got through the day and her infection was just viral, so Motrin was the miracle cure.  The Dr. said we would have to cancel the camping trip.....so of course we bought another backpack and said she could just ride on the back of someone because we were going!  By the next morning, she was feeling better and the Dr. said that I guess we could go (I told her we were already packed).  She did great and the knee healed by itself.  I hate seeing my babies in pain, especially when you have no clue why they are in pain!  But I did enjoy spending the day with her and carrying her around.  She is so sweet.  And now today I have hurt my back and she is taking such good care of me.  She rubs my back and gets me medicine and says prayers for me.  She is simply irresistible!

No comments: