Friday, April 26, 2013

A Renewed Teacher

(Don't mind the side ways picture - I'll fix it later)

So 10 years ago when I received my diploma for Elementary Education, I never really thought my classroom would look like this!!  I set out to teach children and I am so lucky that I get to teach my OWN children.  We just finished up with testing my girls for second grade (our neighbor Nick is in the same grade as them and is homeschooled, so I tested him too - the one in the picture).  I am so proud of their hard work.  This has definitely been a huge learning experience on my part, and I am glad my "students" are so understanding!  For some reason though, I just can't let that teaching license expire!  I worked so hard in college, even started my Master's Degree (had to quit that once I found out twins were in my future), and the thought of that license being expired has just not been an easy pill to swallow.  You have to renew it every 5 years.  The first round was easy because the classes that I took for my Master's renewed my license automatically.  But this time around, I had to work.  I had to take 5 online classes over the course of the 5 years.  I am just finishing my last one.  It has honestly been difficult to do them, just because it is one more thing to add to my plate, but I did enjoy all that I learned from them.  I liked learning new things and then immediately getting to try them out on my kids.  We are definitely learning together!  I will apply for my renewed license in a couple weeks and I am very excited.  I will be certified for another 5 years!!

No comments: