Friday, April 26, 2013

Reader's Theater



One thing that I learned from my recent class was a way to get your kids to be more fluent readers.  So I decided to implement the strategy of Reader's Theater.  On Fridays we have cleaning day and then once the little 2 go to bed, we have game night.  So I decided to add Reader's Theater in before the little kids go to bed.  I think my kids are more excited about Reader's Theater than game time now!  Of course we do it in the play room, on the stage, with the spotlight and stage lights and a microphone!  The kids now clean faster during the day, so that everything will be ready for Reader's Theater.  They even make tickets for us to come to the show!  It is quite a production.  Here is a clip from a video I took.  The whole video was too long, but the big kids had performed We're going on a Bear Hunt and then the little 2 decided they wanted to join in.  I love how Channing couldn't wait for her turn, so she took matters into her own hands and brought her own chair up to the stage and then read her favorite Polar Bear Polar Bear What Do You Hear story!
Enjoy!

No comments: