Wednesday, April 24, 2013

My Little Picasos

 Oh the artwork.......So here is how it all went down.  I run downstairs and start cooking dinner.  I am down there for about 30 minutes and I hear footsteps.  Little fast footsteps.  Little footsteps that should be on the third floor, not in my room.  I go upstairs and as I get to the second floor, I am greeted with Carly, Chloe, and Finley.  All of our reactions were the same.  We all froze as the 2 year old artist glared back at us.  Yes, she got in trouble but I just needed her in her bed as I soak this all in.  She got everything!!!  The Wall.
 The pillows, nightstand and window sill.  
 The quilt.
 Luckily my husband, who has earned the title of Stain Master, came to the rescue when he got home.  He painted the wall and got all the stains out from the SHARPIE Highlighters.  
The perpetrators with artwork on PAPER not walls and beds!!  And yes, perpetrators.  When it happened Finley said Channing was doing it and she came in and told her to stop.  When Channing did not listen to her, she went upstairs to get Carly and Chloe (this is when I came into the picture so I know she was coming down the stairs too).  That evening as Matt and I snuggled under our rainbow colored quilt, we realized the stroke marks were too high for our two year old, but at the exact height of our three year old!!  The next morning, Finley did confess and we had to have a heart to heart about honesty.  I love these teaching moments.  When you see their hearts open and they are ready to hear what God is telling them.  My little girls have a lot of energy.  A lot of great ideas too.  But we know that they are going to be used for great things.  The Holy Spirit will totally take residence in their lives and God will use them for great things.  Thank you Lord for my wild ones!  Thank you for their fierce personalities.  Take them Lord.  Use them!!

No comments: