Thursday, April 25, 2013

Love Notes

My children love to write us notes.  We get notes or cards for everything.  We go to bed, there are notes under our pillows.  I check their school work, there are notes at the end of each page.  This particular night, Carly and Chloe had cleaned the entire kitchen for Matt and me.  They did such a selfless act of kindness towards us.  They wanted us to relax at night and to be able to go to bed on early.  It is nice to see that our children realize how hard we work.  Yes, we work.  When they go to bed, we clean.  We clean the kitchen.  Matt has graciously started to really take over the cleaning of the kitchen so I can get some work done elsewhere.  He comes home and never complains.  He doesn't even get changed into comfy clothes.  He just lovingly picks up a broom and cleans.  God has blessed our family.  He has given me a husband that is unselfish.  Children that are grateful.  And yet, I deserve none of it.  Thank you Lord for this family.  Thank you Lord for the songs in their hearts.  You are going to use each member of this family as a soldier for you Lord.  Thank you for allowing me to invest my life with them.  

No comments: